♥ currently fighting a reading slump ♥
Category: Books // Reading
I've definitely been in a reading slump lately. I'll grab a book, thinking I'm finally going to get my groove back, and then somehow end up on my phone an hour later. It's so weird because I want to read. I miss staying up late because I want to find out what happens next, becoming invested in a story, annotating, and making ocs.
Recently, there doesn't seem to be anything catching my interest. I'll start a book, set it aside for a few days, and then never read it again. Meanwhile, my TBR pile just keeps getting bigger and bigger, as if I don't already have enough unread books sitting around. 😭
I think the thing I miss most is just reading itself. I miss being able to pick up a book at the end of the day and get completely engrossed in it for hours. I miss having characters that stick with me even when I'm not reading. I don't want to force myself to read just so I can say I've finished a book. Maybe I just need to find the right one. Until then, I'll continue staring at my TBR pile and hoping that eventually, one of them will pull me out of this reading slump.
BRUH. I completely get this. I used to read real books so much when i was younger my mum banned me from reading and made sure i watched tv once in a while (LOL). Now, though, i mostly read ao3...... which, i guess, is still reading but its definately not the same. I've been trying to get back into physical books (currently: The Secret Garden - Sophie Dahl) and i'm having the same issues as you T^T. Let us know if/ how you get out the slump!!!!!!
ReplyDelete